Avocado. Bacon. Peanut butter. Who knew?*
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
If you combine three positives you get a positive. It’s math.
If you combine three delicious foods, you get a delicious food. It’s science.
Avocado goes with bacon. Bacon goes with peanut butter. By the transitive property, avocado goes with peanut butter. In no position to argue logic, Mrs. Corvo and I devised a plan to combine these three gifts of nature into one delectable dish.
Let’s just say we were not disappointed. Or surprised.
Not only did the dish bring out the best in each individual component, but it produced a new, magical flavor which cannot be described, only experienced.
Don’t hate it ‘til you ate it:
2 pieces of bread
3 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Place bacon on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake till desired crispness. (Or fry it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
- Toast the bread to achieve a perfectly light-brown surface.
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter upon the warm toast, allowing the peanut butter to melt deliciously.
- Slice avocado into thin slices. Place atop peanut butter in a single layer.
- Cut bacon slices into halves; place 3 halves in an orderly fashion over avocado.
- Drizzle honey in a fancy manner over the bacon.
- Cut diagonally to achieve four scalene triangles.
- Sit down. You’re going to need to sit down for this.
- Document your creation. If one makes food but doesn’t take a picture, did she even make food?
- Tell me it wasn’t amazing. You won’t.
*Mrs. Corvo and I. That’s who knew.