Interview: Carina Pacheco ’19

Carina Pacheco ’19

Sydney Rafferty

Although Carina Pacheco is not a freshman, she is new to AOSE. Carina joined the sophomore class earlier this semester, transferring in from public school. In this interview, I survey her on how she is getting used to AOSE.

SR: Carina, on a scale of 1-10, how do you like AOSE? What do you like about it?

CP: On a scale of 1-10, probably a 9. I really like the close community of friends and teachers. Both are always very helpful and nice.

SR: What is the biggest change from your previous school to AOSE?

CP: Probably the uniforms. Also, it is a lot smaller, so the attention from the teachers is better. This makes it easier to work hard. I actually like how there are no boys. I focus better and it is less distracting.

SR: How is your schedule? Was it hard getting used to?

CP: It was hard to get used to. It was so confusing, I showed up in the wrong class once. But once I got the hang of it, it wasn’t so bad.

SR: Do you buy lunch? If so, what is your favorite food here at AOSE?

CP: I bring my own lunch, but I always make sure to get some fries when they are served. They are really good.

SR: Are you glad to have chosen AOSE? Is it a good fit for you and your family?

CP: Yes, I am very happy with my choice to switch to AOSE. My family was very supportive of my switch. It has been such a good experience so far.

SR: Are you planning on playing any sports for AOSE?

CP: Yes, I am planning on playing lacrosse in this upcoming spring. I am also choosing between soccer or field hockey for next fall.
Carina Pacheco is certainly keeping up at AOSE. Stay tuned for interviews in upcoming weeks, as I survey other students.